Tofu Pumpkin Stew
- 300g pumpkin
- 1 package firm tofu
- 30g baby corn
- 30g okra
- 30g carrots
- 30g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 50g cauliflower
- 20g cashews
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp mushroom seasoning powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Remove the pumpkin skin and seeds. Cut 100g into squares and steam until half-cooked. Cut the remaining 200g into strips, steam until cooked, and puree in a blender.
- Cut the tofu into squares. Slice the baby corn diagonally into pieces. Cut the stems off the okra and slice diagonally into pieces. Roll-cut the carrots. Remove the mushroom stems and chop the mushroom caps into pieces. Break the cauliflower into florets.
- Boil water in a pot and blanch the carrots, mushrooms, and cauliflower.
- In a heated pan, melt the butter and sauté the baby corn, carrots, and mushrooms with the oyster sauce.
- Place the pureed pumpkin, tofu, pumpkin squares in the pan and add the salt, sugar, white pepper, and turmeric.
- Add the cauliflower, okra, cashews and simmer until tender.