Mushroom and Tofu Treasure Boxes
- 4 fried tofu squares
- 80g cucumbers
- 60g chickpeas
- 60g fresh mushrooms
- 60g white beech mushrooms
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 100cc water
- 1 tbsp sweet potato starch water
- Soak the chickpeas in water for two hours, and then steam for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Dice both the fresh and the white beech mushrooms.
- Remove the pulp from the cucumbers and dice the rest.
- Heat oil in a pan. Then, sauté the chickpeas and the mushroom dices.
- Add the cucumber dices last.
- Add some vegetarian oyster sauce, sugar and the sweet potato starch water. Stir-fry until cooked.
- Hollow out the tofu squares. Fill the pockets with the stir-fried ingredients.
- Add cucumber slices for decoration.
- Place the tofu squares in a steam basket and steam for eight minutes.
- Using another pan, simmer sesame oil, vegetarian oyster sauce, ketchup, sugar and water until boiled.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu squares.